Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Evening Bike

Adria and I went on a bike ride tonight to check out the Polytechnic campus that we're living on. Turns out the pool isn't half bad! The fitness center seems small, but we're thinking maybe there is a basement. While we were riding around a corner a skunk popped out from a bush! We had skunks around Bountiful all the time, but I NEVER actually saw one running around! I got a close look, but not too close. I couldn't imagine showing up to MBA orientation tomorrow and trying to explain why I smelled like I got sprayed by a skunk. The sunset on the way back to our house was amazing! Actually, EVERY sunset here is amazing.



Adria has taken to talking to the crickets in our kitchen and laundry room. Any time she's in there she starts saying things like, "Okay, I'm coming in there now, so you'd better not come out!" or "Who do you think you are, coming in my kitchen?" or "WHY ARE YOU MAKING NOISE RIGHT NOW??!! I'M IN THE KITCHEN!!!" I guess she thinks that she has some sort of deal with them. Even when she's not in the kitchen, she mumbles at them. "You'd better shut your..." or "If I have to come in there, you're gonna be..." At least I think she's talking to the crickets. Sometimes she might be talking to me. Anyway, our kids are going to have to be on edge.



rUss

2 comments:

  1. She reminds me of a good friend named Phoebe Buffay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I love it! I can definitely see her doing that. She's always been a bit odd... ;)

    ReplyDelete