Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day before school...

Hi friends,

School starts tomorrow and I'm really not sure what to expect, so I thought I'd throw down one more blog entry in case things get a little crazy!

Maintenance finally brought an exterminator this week. We're not sure if it helped, though. They sprayed a perimeter around the walls inside the house that kills any bug that crosses it, but that just means that we have DEAD bugs all over the house. We're still sweeping up 10+ crickets a day. Last night I did battle with one that kept sneaking up into the cabinet under the sink and chirping, but it got away. At least we've only had one belly up cockroach and haven't seen any other live ones. They tell us you have to get them into the toilet quickly after they turn on their backs because that's when they release their egg. Sick.

I'll be riding the shuttle to school every morning at 6am, which is going to make for some EARLY days for me. It looks like I won't be catching it to head home until 6pm, so I won't get home until 7:15 or so. I rode it as a test on Friday. I got on with a Chinese boy so I thought I'd impress him a little with some Mandarin; he FREAKED out! He was so excited that he talked to me the entire way to the Tempe campus (over an hour) and took my number and email address before I got off. I'm still the man! Of course, when he asked me how I feel about the situation between China and Taiwan, I realized how much Chinese I've lost and how much more I have to learn.

Adria and I went to the Arizona Temple on Wednesday. We attended a 10:30 am session, but the place was still PACKED! Pretty amazing. Apparently they have plans to build 4 more Southern AZ temples, but they are a few years away. I bought my first set of temple clothes (finally); except for the pants. I'm still wearing Grandpa LeFevre's old temple pants.

Anyhoo, we're doing great down here. Adria is hot on the trail of some jobs, and I'm already super-interested in the things I'm studying. We're as happy as can be, but we're kind of dreading that first electricity bill!

rUss

No comments:

Post a Comment