Friday, August 14, 2009

ASU MBA First Impressions

Yesterday and today were the first two days of orientation for the WP Carey MBA program. So far I've been very impressed by what I've seen. I thought our graduating class was going to be about 160 students (2 cohorts of 80 students), but it turns out that the entire graduating class in only 91 students (2 cohorts of 45/46 people). The entire graduating class fit into one classroom for most of the orientation activities.

The class is very diverse. I've met students from China, Korea, Puerto Rico, New York, Boston, LA, Chicago, and a LOT from India! Like 30% of the class! Did you know that cricket is HUGE in India? Go figure! I've been learning a little about it from the students I've met in return for some information about baseball.

The faculty seem great. They've all been very approachable, and are extremely dedicated to making this a good experience for the students.

I was thinking today that it's probably been since 8th grade that I've been 100% focused on school. I'm really looking forward to giving this program everything I've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment