Friday, August 14, 2009

Funny/Maddening House Stories

I would be remiss if I didn't throw in a couple of stories of Adria adjusting to our new environment :) The first time I turned on the sink in the kitchen, I commented on how we weren't ever going to have cold water out of the tap like we were used to in Utah. She got a concerned look on her face and asked, "Is the water heater broken?" I told her that the hot water worked fine, it's the cold water that wasn't going to come. She still looked concerned and said, "Yeah, but... is the water cooler broken?" Ha ha, she didn't realize that "cold" water is just the temperature of the water in the pipes, and that in Arizona the pipes are always warm! Needless to say, we have a LOT of water bottles in the fridge. I also haven't used the hot water for a shower once!



We also have a little bug problem in the house. We didn't notice them the first night, but on our second night we killed about 10-15 crickets. I was trying to get some preparations done for the first day of orientation, but every 5 minutes Adria was yelling my name from the kitchen to come kill another one. She's sucked it up now to where she'll kill the small ones, but the 2-inch cockroach that crawled into the middle of our kitchen tonight has her a bit creeped out. Me too, to be honest; that thing was freaking HUGE! Good thing I have previous cockroach experience from Taiwan!

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe... Water cooler... Too funny! Thanks for sharing. Hope you two are doin' super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I can't imagine having water come out hot enough that you don't even have to use your water heater to take a hot shower!

    ReplyDelete